The inclusion of driving licence in DigiLocker means users don't have to carry the original papers with them all the time, according to the DigiLocker website. Instead, they can show a copy of it on their smartphones wherever required or also share the documents with other agencies of government where the documents are required for verification of address or ID proof via DigiLocker, it adds.
(Also read: How To Store Your Aadhaar Card In DigiLocker | A Step-By-Step Guide To Store PAN With DigiLocker)
Steps to store driving licence in DigiLocker:
1. Open DigiLocker official website - digilocker.gov.in and sign up using your Aadhaar number or your user name and password. If you don't have a DigiLocker account, you can create it at this stage.
2. On left hand side, click on 'issued documents'.
4. In partner's name, select 'Ministry of Road, Transport and Highways, All States' and select 'driving licence' in 'document type'.
5. Now, enter the required details such as name, date of birth, father's name and driving licence number.
6. Click on 'Get document'. At this stage, your driving licence data will be fetched.
7. Your driving licence is integrated with DigiLocker. You can view the document and also save its link.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.