- According to the report, a single e-way bill applies even in cases of a break in journey to destination and where more than one transporter is involved in the transportation of goods under this system. In such a scenario, Transporter A will assign the said e-way bill to Transporter B, who will fill the details of his vehicle and move the goods.
- The validity period of e-way bill starts only after the e-way bill details are updated by the transporter for the first time, said Finance Ministry.
- In case of movement of goods on account of job-work, the registered job worker can also generate e-way bill, Finance Ministry added.
- In view of the difficulties faced by the traders in generating the e-way bill due to initial technical glitches in the GST Network, it was earlier decided by the GST Council to extend the trial phase for generation of e-way bills, both for inter-state and intra-state movement of goods.
- In its meeting last month, a group of ministers headed by Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi recommended April 1 as the date for compulsory implementation of the system for inter-state goods movement.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.