Five things that you should know about fall in gold prices
1) Market watchers said apart from a weak trend overseas where the precious metal traded at two-month low, a fall in demand from local jewellers and retailers at domestic spot market mainly kept pressure on the gold prices.
2) Globally, gold fell 0.45 per cent to $1,257.10 an ounce and silver by 0.31 per cent to $15.87 an ounce in Singapore.
3) In Delhi, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity fell by Rs. 100 each to Rs. 29,950 and Rs.29,800 per 10 grams, respectively, a level last seen on August 26.
4) The precious metal had lost Rs. 200 Wednesday. Sovereign followed suit and declined by Rs. 100 to Rs. 24,400 per piece of eight grams.
5) Following gold, silver ready dropped by Rs. 375 to Rs.38,125 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs. 440 to Rs. 37,335 per kg.