Here are five things to know about GoAir airline's offer:
1. Bookings under the scheme are open till February 20, 2018, GoAir said on its website.
2. Without divulging the total number of seats offered under the scheme, GoAir said: "Limited seats only."
3. Fares are valid across select fare types, according to the GoAir website.
4. The airline further said that group discounts are not applicable on this offer.
5. GoAir is also offering 10 per cent on bookings made using HDFC Bank debit and credit cards. For availing this discount, according to GoAir, the booking has to be made "using the promo code GOHDFC10".
|From||To||Lowest Fare (All Inclusive)|
Discounts on flight tickets by GoAir come at a time airlines operating in the domestic civil aviation market is seeing aggressive competition amid robust growth in passenger traffic. Domestic airlines carried 1,171.76 lakh passengers in 2017, as against 998.88 lakh in the previous year, registering a year-on-year growth of 17.31, according to data from aviation regulator DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation).
Robust passenger traffic growth has led many airlines to expand operations and revise fares to attract customers. Another airline AirAsia India is offering flight tickets starting at Rs. 1,300 on the Chennai-Bengaluru route. The airline is also offering tickets starting at Rs. 1,499 on select routes in a limited-period promotional scheme. (Read more)
SpiceJet is set to launch daily flights from Delhi to Tirupati from February 20, 2018, the airline said on its website. (Read more)
In the last three years, the domestic air passenger traffic grew at 18 per cent per annum, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had said in his Budget 2018-19 speech. "Our airline companies placed orders for more than 900 aircraft," the finance minister had said.