- DigiLocker is the same as eAadhaar issued by UIDAI
- UIDAI is as an issuer of digital Aadhaar in DigiLocker
- DigiLocker is aimed at the concept of paperless governance
Digital Aadhaar in detail
DigiLocker has partnered with UIDAI to make it available automatically to its users when they link their DigiLocker account with Aadhaar, said DigiLocker. The advantage of digital Aadhaar is that it can now be used in the same way as any other DigiLocker document.
Here are the steps to get eAadhaar in DigiLocker if you already have Aadhaar linked DigiLocker:
1. Login to DigiLocker with your credentials
2. Upon login to DigiLocker, you will see a dialog box with a message to get your eAadhaar
4. You will receive an OTP on your mobile number linked to Aadhaar. Enter this OTP in the OTP box and click "Verify OTP" button
5. On successful validation of the OTP you will be redirected to "Issued Document" page where URI for eAadhaar will be listed
6. Click on "Save" icon next to Aadhaar Card on "Issued Document" page
7. Your eAadhaar will be saved to "Uploaded Document" section.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.