Here are 10 things to know about the new housing plan:
1. Most of the flats are in Rohini, Dwarka, Narela, Vasant Kunj, Jasola, Pitampura and Paschir Vihar.
2. Of the 12,000 flats put on offer, around 10,000 unoccupied flats are from the 2014 housing scheme, while 2,000 flats had been lying vacant.
3. The urban body has tied up with 10 banks for the sale of application forms and scheme-related transactions. These banks are Axis Bank, Yes Bank, IDBI, Bank of Baroda, Central Bank, SBI, Kotak Mahindra, HDFC, ICICI and Canara Bank.
4. The housing authority had set mid-June as the target date for the launch of the scheme, which was earlier slated to be announced by February.
5. "Adequate number of application forms" have been printed for the scheme.
6. The scheme is linked to "Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme" under "Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana".
7. Seeking to deter "unserious buyers" and check market speculation, the DDA this time has proposed multi-tiered penal measures.
8. The housing scheme will remain open till August 11, DDA said on its website.
9. For the LIG (Lower Income Group) category, the registration fee will be Rs 1 lakh while for Middle Income Group (MIG) and High Income Group (HIG) flats, Rs 2 lakh will be charged.
10. Application forms will be available both online and offline.
(With PTI Inputs)