The Nifty is likely to open higher on Thursday tracking positive global markets. Foreign investors continued to be net sellers of Indian equities. They have sold stocks worth Rs 1073 crore in cash market on Wednesday. However domestic investors were net buyers to the tune of Rs 601 crore on Wednesday.
Here are the stocks likely to see action today
- Coal India: The nationwide coal workers' strike has been called off. The breakthrough came after Power, Coal and Renewable Energy minister Piyush Goyal had a marathon meeting with the labour unions at Coal India. A committee will be set up to look into concerns of the workers.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank/ ING Vysya Bank: The employees union of ING Vysya Bank protest the merger of the two banks at the extraordinary general meeting (EGM). Employees of ING Vysya believe that their future may not be safe due to the merger.
- Berger Paints goes ex-split today. The company had announces a stock split in the ratio of 2:1. Shares having face value of Rs 2 will be divided into two shares of Rs 1 face value.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services: JP Morgan has bought 4.11 per cent stake in the company.
- SKS Microfinance: It shareholders have approved a fund raising plan through issue of securities.
- 8K Miles Software Services: The company will report its earnings for the third quarter of fiscal year 2014-15 today. Shares in the company have gained 44 per cent in last 3 months.
- JBF Industries: Copthall Mauritius Investment, a JP Morgan account has bought 0.43 per cent stake in the company.