- SBI offers online facility for closure of FD before maturity
- 'Close account prematurely' option available on net banking, says SBI
- State Bank of India is the country's largest lender
Learn how to close an online Fixed Deposit (e-TDR/e- STDR) before maturity, through your OnlineSBI account. https://t.co/qnOZUoRORK— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) October 4, 2017
10 steps to close an SBI FD online:
1) Go to SBI’s website. Click on the tab which mentions ETDR/STDR (FD)
2) Click on ‘close account prematurely’ option
3) You will then see a list of your FDs
4) Click on the FD that you want to shut and click on ‘proceed’
5) Verify the FD details
7) Your registered mobile number will receive a ‘high security password’. Type it and click on ‘çonfirm’
A message will appear that will inform you that your FD has been closed
8) Check the account through which you made this FD. The amount would then be returned into your account.
9) However, in case you want an instant closure, initiate a request to shut your e-TDR/e-STDR between 08:00 AM IST to 08:00 PM IST, states SBI on its website.
10) A request initiated beyond this period will be scheduled for next opening hours ie 08:00 AM IST, it added.