The BSE Sensex is likely to witness a positive start on Monday tracking positive Asian cues. However, the undertone of last week was mildly bearish, which means investors might be willing to sell on rallies.
The Nifty might consolidate today ahead of the Reserve Bank policy on Tuesday with action in individual stocks or sectors more likely.
In the short term, markets seem to be oversold and the setups are ripe for a rally later this week.
For today, going long on certain high beta sectors like oil marketing companies and banks, and taking a short bet on certain FMCG, oil & gas and bank stocks could be profitable.
Trading calls for today:
1. Buy BPCL: 519, stop loss 509, target 545
2. Buy HPCL: 400, stop loss 392, target 428
3. Buy Bank of Baroda: 840, stop loss 824, target 900
1. Sell HUL: 605, stop loss 618, target 572
2. Sell Cairn India: 340, stop loss 347, target 321
3. Sell Yes Bank: 568, stop loss 578, target 5
1. M&M Financial: Recommended on April 22 @ 232, 3 month target 320. Target achieved.
2. Indian Overseas Bank: Recommended on April 23 @ 53, 3 month target 80. Target achieved.
3. Syndicate Bank: Recommended on April 28 @ 98, 3 month target 160. Target achieved.