The recovery in cryptocurrency market worldwide was significant on Friday. In the international market, Bitcoin (BTC) prices jumped to $11,675, 5.7% higher than the previous session's closing. Ethereum (ETH) soared 7.3% while ripple (XRP) jumped 19%, as per the average prices of cryptocurrency exchanges worldwide. Similarly, stellar rose 10%, Dash was higher by 9%, and litecoin was up by 8%. In India's CoinSecure, bitcoin price jumped to Rs 8,53,000.
5 Things to know about rise in bitcoins
1. On Coinsecure, the bitcoin buy price is Rs 8,53,500 at 3.30 pm, while the sell price is Rs 8,40,000, while a day before the price was Rs 8,34,500. On Unocoin, a bitcoin can be bought for Rs 9,10,000, while the sell price is far lower at Rs 7,82,918 at 2.50 pm. A day before, the price was Rs 8.93 lakh.
2. On the Luxembourg-based BitStamp, a cryptocurrency exchange that deals in bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, litecoin and bitcoin cash, bitcoin was trading at $11,840 (5.37% higher than yesterday's figure) at 2.40 pm. In the past one day, bitcoin had sunk to a low of $11,054 but had risen to $11,896.
3. Bitcoin market cap also rose considerably. On Friday, bitcoin's market cap jumped to $197 billion against $188 billion a day before. Two days ago, the market cap was $192 billion.
4. Following bitcoin, Ethereum jumped 7.3% and ripple rose 19%, as per the average price of exchanges worldwide. Similarly, stellar rose 10%, Dash was higher by 9%, and litecoin was up by 8%.
5. A week ago, bitcoin could be bought for $13,781 (18% higher than today's value) on BitStamp against today's $11,675 at 3.10 pm.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.