Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) is an RBI initiative that offers accessible and interoperable bill payment services to consumers across India. According to the official website of Bharat Bill Payment System- bharatbillpay.com, it is a centralised bill payment system for everyday bills of consumers. BBPS covers repetitive payments for everyday utility services such as electricity, water, gas, telecom and Direct-to-Home (DTH), as mentioned on Bharat Bill Payment System's official website. The payment modes options at BBPS are cash, cards (credit, debit cards), IMPS, UPI, AEPS, internet banking, UPI and wallets.
With Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), payment becomes instant, seamless and convenient, posted the official handle of BBPS-@BharatBillPay.
Steps to make online payment using Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS):
1. Connect to any internet banking/app of respective bank
2. Now, click on bill payment or BBPS tab
3. Choose the category of biller and enter the bill details
4. Initiate a payment and get instant confirmation
5. The consumer would get an instant confirmation and receipt once the transaction is successfully completed, An SMS would also be triggered by the bank/non-bank.