Here are 10 things to know about Shikha Sharma's next term:
1. Ms Sharma is due to complete her third term as the CEO of the bank on May 31.
2. The bank had, in July last year, announced reappointment of Ms Sharma as MD and CEO for a fourth term.
3. Axis Bank CEO Shikha Sharma had requested the board to revise the period of her reappointment at the helm from June 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018, Axis Bank said on Monday.
4. She has been the CEO of the third-biggest private sector Indian lender since 2009.
5. She joined Axis Bank in 2009 with a five-year mandate which was subsequently extended.
7. Ms Sharma began her career with the erstwhile infra lender ICICI Ltd in 1980 and played a key role in setting up the group's investment banking business.
8. Monday's filing did not elaborate as to why Shikha Sharma wanted her fourth term to be curtailed to seven months from the three years earlier.
9. Axis Bank's NPAs or non-performing assets jumped by over five-fold in recent financial years.
10. Gross NPAs worth Rs 4,110 crore at the end of March 2015 surged to Rs 21,280 crore at the end of March 2017. During this period, its net profit halved from Rs 7,357.8 crore to Rs 3,679.2 crore.
(With agency inputs)