AirAsia India is offering domestic flights at a starting base fare of Rs 99. AirAsia India's Rs 99 fare excludes taxes and other charges, the airline said on its website - airasia.com. The offer of a starting fare of Rs 99 is part of a limited-period promotional scheme which requires flyers to make advance bookings. Called 'Big Sale', the promotional scheme is valid on bookings for travel from May 7, 2018 to January 31, 2019, according to the AirAsia website. Bookings under the AirAsia Big Sale are open till November 19, 2017, it noted.
Here are 10 things to know about AirAsia's Big Sale offer:
(AirAsia said the 'Big Sale' is valid on bookings for travel from May 7, 2018 to January 31, 2019)
1. The fares offered under the Big Sale scheme are quoted for single journey (one-way) only, AirAsia said.
2. The fares offered under the Big Sale scheme are only available for online bookings at the airline's website - www.airasia.com, it noted.
3. AirAsia India is offering all-inclusive fares starting at Rs 403 under the Big Sale offer. A search on the AirAsia bookings portal on Monday showed tickets for flights from Bhubaneswar to Ranchi in mid-May next year were available for booking at Rs 403. The ticket price of Rs 403 included fares of Rs 99, a surcharge of Rs 52 and GST (Goods and Services Tax) of Rs 8, according to the airline's website.
(Tickets priced at Rs 403 include fares of Rs 99, according to the AirAsia bookings portal)
4. Some other starting all-inclusive prices included flights from Ranchi to Bhubaneswar at Rs 466; from Bhubaneswar to Kolkata at Rs 507; from Ranchi to Kolkata at Rs 571, and from Kochi to Bengaluru at Rs 764, according to the airline's website. Some other flight tickets offered just above Rs 1,000 include Kolkata-Ranchi (Rs 1,001), Kolkata-Bhubaneswar (Rs 1,001), Goa-Bengaluru (Rs 1,087), Guwahati-Imphal (Rs 1,096) and Hyderabad-Bengaluru (Rs 1,061).
5. The fare includes airport taxes (except for selected airports where airport tax is collected at the point of departure), AirAsia said. "A non-refundable processing fee is applicable for payments via credit, debit or charge card," AirAsia added.
6. Without divulging the number of seats offered under the Big Sale offer, AirAsia said: "Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights."
7. AirAsia further said the offer was valid for new purchases only and fares are not available during embargo period.
8. "All taxes must be paid at the time of purchase unless otherwise stated," AirAsia said. "Full payment shall be made upon booking," it added.
9. The airline also said the offer is subject to availability "and AirAsia's Terms and Conditions of Carriage". Under the Big Sale scheme, AirAsia said, no refunds are permitted after a payment has been made.
10. Change of flight dates will be chargeable. "Changes to flights and dates are permitted subject to change fees... Changes to name are not permitted," AirAsia India said.