The UIDAI or Unique Identification Authority of India - which manages the Aadhaar biometric ID programme - offers a slew of services online. One such facility enables users to order an Aadhaar print or reprint online and get the personal identification number delivered at the Aadhaar-registered address. This is a paid service. Upon submitting the request and paying the applicable fee, the UIDAI sends the printed copy of Aadhaar card to the user's registered address by mail.
You can now order a reprinted copy of your Aadhaar to be delivered to your house via Speed Post service. Visit https://t.co/27Oy8XumyS or open your #mAadhaar app to #OrderAadhaarReprint at a nominal cost of Rs 50. pic.twitter.com/wdwYuqca0vAadhaar (@UIDAI) July 3, 2020
Here's all you need to know about this UIDAI facility:
Users have to pay a fee of Rs 50 for each Aadhaar reprint.
Who Can Use
This service is available to persons already enrolled under the Aadhaar programme.
How To Use
The facility can be accessed through the UIDAI's website - uidai.gov.in - as well as mobile app MAadhaar.
Watch our detailed video tutorial on the #OrderAadhaarReprint service here: https://t.co/5bJkiVbV79 You can also read more about the service in our FAQs section: https://t.co/Tg6vvDIFSxpic.twitter.com/y7jFs5S2FYAadhaar (@UIDAI) July 1, 2020
How To Request Aadhaar Reprint
- Go to the UIDAI website, and select the "Order Aadhaar Reprint" option under the Get Aadhaar section.
- Choose any one of these to proceed: the Aadhaar number (UID), the virtual ID (VID) or enrolment ID (EID) to proceed.
- Make the online payment. Four options are available to do this: credit card, debit card, net banking and Unified Payments Interface (UPI)
- Save the acknowledgement receipt.
- The UIDAI dispatches the Aadhaar card to the given address by speed post.
(Mobile app mAadhaar also has the "Order Aadhaar Reprint" option)
A similar process can be followed to request an Aadhaar reprint using the mAadhaar app, which is available on both Android and iPhone platforms.
You can #OrderAadhaarReprint if your mobile number is not registered in Aadhaar. However, using this service does not mean that the new mobile number you give will get registered in your Aadhaar. pic.twitter.com/MOMbnRnLK6Aadhaar (@UIDAI) July 2, 2020