The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which manages the Aadhaar biometric ID programme, provides an online facility that enables users to verify their registered mobile number. A user can utilize this service to verify the identity of another person. There are two ways to do this: using the UIDAI website and through mobile app mAadhaar. The UIDAI issues the 12-digit personal identification number as well as the identity card known as Aadhaar. (Also Read: How To Obtain An Aadhaar Card Printed Online)
#AadhaarTutorials— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) July 20, 2020
Watch the video https://t.co/KndJjKLjMW to know how you can check/ verify any Aadhaar number online. Further read on why you should verify any presented Aadhaar: https://t.co/inXqLFIlq7pic.twitter.com/buLgYc19di
How To Verify An Aadhaar Number
Here is a step-by-step guide to verify an Aadhaar number online:
- Visit the UIDAI website (uidai.gov.in) and select the "verify an Aadhaar number" option under the services section. Here is the direct link.
- Enter the Aadhaar number that needs to be verified.
- An authentic Aadhaar number leads to information such as the age bracket, gender, state and the last three-four digits of the registered mobile number.
- By matching these details with those provided by the Aadhaar holder, one can verify the identity of an Aadhaar card holder.
- Demographic details of the Aadhaar holder along with a photograph are displayed on the screen. Open the "QR code scanner" option in mobile app mAadhaar and scan the QR code on the given Aadhaar.
- Matching these details with those provided by the Aadhaar holder verifies the identity.