Aadhaar Card, the 12-digit unique identity number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), allows users to update their address without visiting an Aadhaar Kendra. Aadhaar number acts as the unique identity number of all Indians and is also now essential to be linked with multiple facilities. Hence it is important that in case of a change in your address, the details should be updated in your Aadhaar card. UIDAI provides this facility online, which in effect spares you the trouble of visiting an Aadhaar centre.
(Also Read:Aadhaar-Bank Account Linking Deadline Must Be Extended In Wake Of PNB Fraud, Says Assocham)
Here are the simple steps that you need to follow to update your address in your Aadhaar card:
1) Visit the official website of UIDAI - /uidai.gov.in. Click on 'Aadhaar update request (online)'.
(Also read: What UIDAI Said On Sharing Of Aadhaar Card Number)
2) This will direct you to another window which clearly lists out the steps of updating address in Aadhaar card number: STEP 1: Login with Aadhaar, STEP 2: Address Update Request STEP 3: Upload Documents and STEP 4: Select BPO Service Provider and submit request. Click on 'Proceed'.
(Also read: DigiLocker Gives Access To Digital Aadhaar Card. Steps Here)
3) Input your Aadhaar number and the text verification code as shown on screen. This will generate an OTP which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
(Input your Aadhaar number and the text verification code as shown on screen.)
4) Input the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
(Also read: Steps To Link Aadhaar Card Number With PF Account Via UMANG App)
(On the next page, select 'address'.)
6) Input the address details that you want to update on the next page.
(Input the address details that you want to update.)
(Also read: Aadhaar Card Linking, Revised Income Tax Return Filing: Things To Do By March 31)
7) Review the details and upload the relevant documents to support your update like voter ID details, driver's licence etc.
(Upload the relevant documents to support your update in Aadhaar card number.)
8) At the end of submission, a URN or Update Request Number is issued to track the status of application.
(The above message will pop up after your request has been submitted.)
How to update mobile number linked with Aadhaar card number
Users need to visit the nearest Aadhaar Kendra to avail this service.
How to update email id linked with Aadhaar card number
For this too, you need to update an Aadhaar centre.
Now, UIDAI allows users to update only their address online.