"Employees are increasingly willing to sacrifice the additional benefits that come with a permanent job, such as gratuity or health insurance, in exchange for a greater amount of flexibility that allows them a healthy work-life balance, and the opportunity to simultaneously pursue multiple interests," said Indeed India managing director Sashi Kumar.
Here are 10 things found by Indeed in its research, according to which 93% of jobs posted in Greater Noida region are of "a flexible or part-time nature":
1. 7.7 per cent of all companies posting on the Indeed platform in India offer flexible work opportunities. In addition, 2.8 per cent of all job postings on the site from India are for part-time or contractual roles, according to Indeed.
2. "Indeed data demonstrates an increasing demand for flexible work arrangements, especially in larger cities, where a daily commute might be time consuming. Of the leading metros in the country, New Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore contribute 27.2%, 12.4% and 12.9% respectively to all flexible work opportunities available in India," adds Mr Kumar of Indeed India.
3. An interesting finding from Indeed's research is that "93 per cent of all jobs posted in the Greater Noida region are of a flexible or part-time nature", he said.
4. The Indian labour market is experiencing a shift towards "a gig economy", with an increasing number of workers seeking contractual or freelancing opportunities.
5. The leading sector in terms of job flexibility, as data from Indeed indicates, is the Service sector, with the role of Examiner offering flexible work arrangements in 75.2 per cent of all job postings.
6. Data collected by Indeed from January 2013 till October 2017 seems to indicate a seasonal trend in contractual hiring in the sector, where jobs of this nature increase towards the close of the year and remain relatively low at other times.
8. Top 10 sectors in terms of job flexibility include hospitality, tech help, management, medicine allied and education.
9. A job role that sees a large number of openings, that of Data Entry Clerk, is also seeing part-time opportunities making up 16.9 per cent of all job postings on the site.
10. Given increasing employee preference for flexible arrangements, companies are proactively taking measures to ensure a win-win situation for all. From video conferencing to document sharing platforms, employers are going the extra mile to ensure that all members of the company feel involved and are able to keep track of key organizational operations, according to Indeed.
According to Indeed data, out of all jobs posted on its site, these correspond to maximum work flexibility across sectors:
|Sector||Job Description||Percentage of all job-postings that are flexible/part-time|
|Real Estate||Property Management Consultant||53.60%|
|Tech Help||Computer Operator||50.00%|
|Medicine Allied||Psychology Intern||40.00%|
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.