Ankara: Turkey's foreign minister says the common-law wife of one of the perpetrators of the terrorist rampage in France last week crossed into Syria from Turkey on January 8.
Mevlut Cavusoglu told the state-run Anadolu Agency on Monday that Hayat Boumedienne arrived in Turkey from Madrid on January 2, ahead of the attacks and stayed at a hotel in Istanbul.
He said Turkish authorities established that she had crossed into Syria on Thursday, the day her husband shot a policewoman to death on the outskirts of Paris and a day after the Charlie Hebdo massacre.
French security forces are mobilizing in their search for what the the prime minister calls a probable accomplice to three days of bloodshed and terror around the capital.
Prime Minister Manuel Valls said the search is urgent because the threat is still present after the attacks that left 17 people dead - journalists at the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo, hostages at a kosher market and three police officers. All three attackers died on Friday in nearly simultaneous raids by security forces.
Video emerged on Sunday of one of the attackers explaining how the attacks would unfold and police want to find the person who shot and posted the video.
Valls told BFM television today that France is at war against terrorism, against jihadism, against radical Islam.