Al Qaeda's Yemen Unit Claims Responsibility for Charlie Hebdo Attack

5 Shares
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Al Qaeda's Yemen Unit Claims Responsibility for Charlie Hebdo Attack

12 people were killed in the attack at French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo (Agence France-Presse)

Cairo:  A top leader of Yemen's Al Qaeda branch has claimed responsibility for last week's attack on a Paris newspaper when two masked gunmen killed 12 people, including much of the weekly's editorial staff and two police officers.

Nasr al-Ansi, a top commander of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP as the branch is known, appeared in an 11-minute Internet video posted Wednesday, saying that the massacre at Charlie Hebdo was in vengeance for the prophet. The paper had published cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, which is considered an insult in Islam.

Al-Ansi says France belongs to the "party of Satan" and warned of more tragedies and terror. He says Yemen's Al Qaeda branch chose the target, laid out the plan and financed the operation.



Share this story on

5 Shares
ALSO READIndian Soldiers Stopped Us From Constructing Sikkim Road, Complains China

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................