India | Press Trust of India | Sunday February 9, 2014
Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, jailed in the 1993 bomb blasts case, has sought a second extension of his parole to be with his wife Manyata, who is recovering from a surgery, police said today.
South | Press Trust of India | Thursday August 29, 2013
Police teams from Andhra Pradesh will soon be sent to Bihar to question arrested Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and his aide Asadulla Akhtar in connection with the February 21 twin bomb blasts case in Hyderabad, a top police official said...
India | Sudhi Ranjan Sen | Monday July 8, 2013
The nature of the bombs used in the blasts, allegedly by Indian Mujahideen members, was similar to those found in Jaipur, Pune and Ahmedabad blasts, analysts said today.
India | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi (With PTI inputs) | Wednesday May 15, 2013
Actor Sanjay Dutt, convicted in the 1993 bomb blasts case, has withdrawn his plea to surrender at the Yerwada Jail in Pune. Mr Dutt will now be surrendering before the special TADA court in Mumbai tomorrow.
India | Press Trust of India | Wednesday May 15, 2013
Actor Sanjay Dutt, convicted in the 1993 bomb blasts case, told a TADA court on Tuesday that he was facing threat to his life from fundamentalist groups and should be allowed to surrender before Yerwada Jail in Pune instead of the special court in Mu...
Cities | Press Trust of India | Sunday May 12, 2013
German Bakery, the eatery that came into focus after a bomb blast that killed 17 patrons and injured over 60 others in 2010, has been formally reopened at the posh Koregaon Park area in Pune with the owners hoping to erase the terrible memory.
Cities | Reported by Syed Imtiaz Jaleel, Edited by Abhinav Bhatt | Monday April 15, 2013
A Pune court has convicted Mirza Himayat Baig, the only man arrested for the German Bakery terror attack in Pune. He will be sentenced on April 18.
India | Edited by Sindhu Manjesh (with inputs from Agencies) | Saturday February 23, 2013
Investigators attempting to piece together the plot behind Thursday's Hyderabad blasts have reportedly detained six people and have questioned many more. But they are being circumspect about accusing any terror group just yet, as questions are raised...
India | Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Friday February 22, 2013
As possible links are seen between the Hyderabad blasts on Thursday evening and the serial blasts in Pune last August, one of the key names to emerge from an intricate network of terror is that of Sayed Maqbool an alleged bomb-maker for the terror gr...
India | Edited by Surabhi Malik | Friday February 22, 2013
Hyderabad bomb blasts
Cities | Press Trust of India | Thursday February 21, 2013
Five suspected Indian Mujahideen operatives, arrested in New Delhi for last year's Pune blast, were tasked by their masters to arrange logistics for carrying out strikes in the national capital, Delhi Police has told a local court.
Cities | Press Trust of India | Monday January 14, 2013
One more terror suspect was arrested for his alleged role in the Pune serial blasts, taking the total number of arrests in the case to eight, police said on Monday.
Cities | Press Trust of India | Tuesday January 1, 2013
A local court on Tuesday extended till January 8 the police custody of seven accused in 2012 serial bomb blasts.
India | Press Trust of India | Saturday August 4, 2012
State and Central intelligence agencies have been put on alert after an e-mail threatening blast in Delhi on Independence Day was sent to various state chief secretaries, including Rajasthan Chief Secretary C K Mathew.
Cheat Sheet | Edited by Abhinav Bhatt | Saturday August 4, 2012
Home Minsiter Sushil Kumar Shinde visited Pune today, three days after four low-intensity blasts hit the heart of the city. The newly appointed Home Minister said that the Centre has taken a serious cognisance of the blasts. A splinter group of the I...
Cities | Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Thursday August 2, 2012
Dayanand Patil, a local Pune tailor, is the only person injured in the Pune blasts last evening; he was questioned there and Home Secretary RK Singh said was being looked at as a suspect as he had been found carrying a bag.
Cheat Sheet | Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Thursday August 2, 2012
Investigators and intelligence officials are trying to identify who was responsible for a series of blasts in Pune on Wednesday night and sources say the modus operandi seems to suggest an Indian Mujahideen hand. Four bombs exploded within quick succ...
India | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi | Thursday August 2, 2012
Strategically installed CCTVs near the blast sites on Junglee Maharaj Road in Pune are not in working condition. These could have provided vital clues to who planted the four bombs within a one kilometre stretch on the busy road, that exploded within...
Cities | Press Trust of India | Thursday August 2, 2012
Pune news: A high alert was sounded in Kolkata last night in view of the bomb blasts in Pune, Kolkata police sources said.
India | Rashmi Rajput | Thursday August 2, 2012
Police sources have said that the preliminary report of the Forensic Sciences Laboratory (FSL) indicates that ammonium nitrate was used in the Pune blasts. During the investigation, some black sticky substance has been found which is being studied by...