Hyderabad News | Press Trust of India | Thursday February 4, 2016
A operative, wanted for allegedly plotting explosions in twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad and near a temple in 2004, was arrested by Telangana Police after his deportation from Saudi Arabia, police said today.
Hyderabad News | Press Trust of India | Saturday August 15, 2015
A Pakistani national, who allegedly has links with banned terror outfits HuJI and Indian Mujahideen (IM) was arrested from Chanchalguda area in Hyderabad, police said on Friday. The man had reportedly also indulged in trafficking people of Bangladesh and Myanmar.
Press Trust of India | Saturday April 25, 2015
Chasing a moderate 158, Hyderabad lost regular wickets to lose their IPL 2015 match by 20 runs.
Hyderabad News | Press Trust of India | Saturday March 15, 2014
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) today filed chargesheets against top Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives, Yasin Bhatkal and Asadullah Akhtar in the February 2013 twin blasts case.
India News | Reported by Sudhi Ranjan Sen, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh | Tuesday December 3, 2013
Investigations into a terror attack at Hyderabad's Dilsukhnagar in February, which left 19 dead and 126 injured, were a test case of what-not-to-do, thanks to competition between investigating agencies and a complete absence of Standard Operating Procedure, the home ministry has admitted for the first time.
Hyderabad News | Press Trust of India | Sunday October 27, 2013
After the serial blasts in Patna at Narendra Modi's rally earlier in the day, police in Hyderabad stepped up security.
India News | Press Trust of India | Saturday September 21, 2013
Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal was today arrested by NIA Hyderabad in connection with the February 2013 Dilsukhnagar blast case after a Delhi court allowed its plea and granted the probe agency his two-day remand.
South | Press Trust of India | Thursday September 19, 2013
Asadullah Akhtar, an alleged close associate Yasin Bhatkal, the co-founder of banned terror group Indian Mujahideen, was today sent to 15-day custody of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in the Hyderabad twin bomb blasts case by a court in the city.
South | Edited by Surabhi Malik | Thursday September 19, 2013
The Andhra Pradesh High Court has withdrawn its order that struck down the compensation given to Muslim men wrongly arrested for the 2007 blasts in Hyderabad's Mecca Masjid.
India News | Press Trust of India | Tuesday September 17, 2013
A Delhi court today extended the NIA custody of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal till September 22 after the probe agency said he was involved in "subversive activities" of causing bomb blasts in different parts of India since 2003.
South | Press Trust of India | Thursday August 29, 2013
Police teams from Andhra Pradesh will soon be sent to Bihar to question arrested Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and his aide Asadulla Akhtar in connection with the February 21 twin bomb blasts case in Hyderabad, a top police official said today.
Hyderabad News | Press Trust of India | Tuesday August 20, 2013
Hyderabad Police today said they may shortly interrogate alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda, in connection with blasts in the city in February this year.
India News | Press Trust of India | Sunday July 7, 2013
Hours after the multiple blasts at Mahabodhi temple complex in Bihar, the Centre today directed all states to ensure fool-proof security at Buddhist shrines and Tibetan settlements.
India News | Reported by Tanima Biswas, Edited by Mala Das | Sunday July 7, 2013
the Special Delhi of the Delhi Police had sent an intelligence input last October to Bihar's Director General of Police (DGP) and the Superintendent of Police in Gaya district about a possible strike by the IM.
South | Press Trust of India | Tuesday July 2, 2013
Andhra Pradesh Police today claimed a "breakthrough" in the February 21 Dilsukhnagar twin bomb blasts case in Hyderabad and said they were close to nabbing the accused with the help of the National Investigation Agency or NIA.
South | Press Trust of India | Friday March 29, 2013
A team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) and forensic experts on Friday visited the sites of February 21 twin blasts at Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad, as a part of the ongoing probe.
South | Press Trust of India | Monday March 18, 2013
Andhra Pradesh government handed over a cheque of Rs 6 lakh as compensation amount to the family of a Dilsukhnagar twin blasts victim in Karimnagar today.
Hyderabad News | Indo-Asian News Service | Saturday March 16, 2013
A Delhi court Saturday remanded two alleged operatives of banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM), lodged in a jail here, to NIA custody for four days for questioning over the Feb 21 Hyderabad blasts that killed 16 people.
South | Press Trust of India | Thursday March 14, 2013
The Hyderabad branch of National Investigation Agency (NIA) today lodged two first information reports (FIRs) in connection with the February 21 twin blasts.
India News | Press Trust of India | Monday March 11, 2013
The Andhra Pradesh police has released sketches of a bicycle used in the twin bomb blasts in Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad last month which killed 17 and injured more than 100 people.
South | Press Trust of India | Saturday March 9, 2013
Andhra Pradesh Police has said the face of one of the suspects of February 21 Dilsukhnagar twin blasts case in Hyderabad was clearly captured by CCTV cameras and efforts were on to identity the person.
India News | Reported by Uma Sudhir, edited by Samira Shaikh | Wednesday March 6, 2013
The toll in the Hyderabad blasts of two weeks ago is now 17, with the death late last night of 25-year-old Amrutha Ravi at the city's Yashoda Hospital.
India News | Reported by Sudhi Ranjan Sen; edited by Mala Das | Tuesday March 5, 2013
India's counter-terror force, the National Security Guard or NSG, has ordered an inquiry against one of its officers for sharing information over the phone about the recent blasts in Hyderabad last month.
Press Trust of India | Wednesday February 27, 2013
Meanwhile, tight security arrangements are being put in place in the wake of the twin bomb blasts that rocked Hyderabad last week.
India News | Reported by Sudhi Ranjan Sen, Edited by Prasad Sanyal | Tuesday February 26, 2013
Days after the twin blasts in Hyderabad killed 16 people and injured more than 100, the government is determined to revive the controversial National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC), which was abandoned last year after unequivocal criticism by state governments. To coalesce support, the government has re-diagrammed the anti-terror hub, stripping i...
India News | NDTV.com | Monday February 25, 2013
Days after the Hyderabad blasts the BJP says the Congress is weak on fighting the menace and states' rights should not be encroached on.
India News | Radhika Iyer | Monday February 25, 2013
21 February, 2013: Text message from a friend in Hyderabad on my cell phone at 7.15 pm: "Blast near Konark theatre." At 7.17 pm, another message, from the same friend: "Dilsukhnagar area, not cylinder blast, this is something else". And then minutes later, news of the second blast.
India News | Written by Miloni Bhatt | Monday February 25, 2013
In a world dotted with conflicts of all kinds, raging civil wars, bloody sectarian violence and terrorism, South Asia emerges as the worst affected. According to the Global Terrorism Index, that profiles data on terrorism from across the world, India is the fourth most affected in the world by terrorism, after Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
India News | Edited by Sindhu Manjesh (with PTI inputs) | Monday February 25, 2013
Four days after the deadly Hyderabad bomb blasts, Andhra Pradesh Police, under immense pressure to nail the culprits, is yet to make any significant breakthrough in its investigations. Police have questioned nearly 30 persons in connection with the explosions but no arrests have been made yet.
India News | Reported by Sudhi Ranjan Sen; Edited by Sindhu Manjesh | Sunday February 24, 2013
Delhi Police have stepped up security around the India Gate area and entry to the lawns has been closed. Sources say that this is a precautionary measure in the wake of Thursday's twin blasts in Hyderabad.