India | Press Trust of India | Tuesday July 15, 2014
A fire broke out in the engine of the Gonda-Bareilly Gonda Express between Risia and Matera railway stations last night, following which some panic-stricken passengers jumped off the train.
Election 2014 | NDTV.com | Tuesday May 6, 2014
The Union minister who has built a reputation for wading into controversies with his remarks is aiming to enter the Lok Sabha for the sixth time.
Election 2014 | Press Trust of India | Thursday April 17, 2014
Union Minister and Congress candidate Beni Prasad Verma today filed his nomination for Gonda Lok Sabha seat and claimed that BJP leader Narendra Modi would be "sent to jail for his entire life" after a Congress-led government is again formed at the C...
India | Press Trust of India | Sunday September 15, 2013
Three children were killed and their mother was injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded in their house in Deva Pasia village in Gonda, police said today.
Cities | Indo-Asian News Service | Monday May 6, 2013
A woman from Uttar Pradesh gave birth to twins on a moving train - the second time in four years that she has delivered twins in a train!
India | Reported by Anant Zanane; edited by Mala Das | Friday April 5, 2013
Three cops, including a serving police officer, have been given the death sentence by a special CBI court in Lucknow in connection with a fake encounter case in 1982. Five others have been awarded life imprisonment.
India | Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Monday March 18, 2013
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today demanded that Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma should be sacked after the Congress leader alleged that Mr Yadav had links with terrorists.
India | Reported by Anant R Zanane, edited by Samira Shaikh | Thursday February 7, 2013
The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today expanded his Cabinet by inducting 12 ministers. His new cabinet now includes a controversial MLA who is facing charges of kidnapped a Chief Medical Officer in 2012.
India | Anant R Zanane | Thursday January 24, 2013
A judge in Uttar Pradesh who has been accused of molesting a 13-year-old in his chambers will be questioned within the next two days by a senior judge at Gonda, a three-hour drive from the state capital of Lucknow. The session is to be recorded on ca...
India | Reported by Anant Zanane; Edited by Sindhu Manjesh | Thursday January 24, 2013
A judge in Uttar Pradesh has been accused of molesting a 13-year-old in his chambers at a court in the Gonda district, a three-hour drive from the state capital of Lucknow.
India | Indo-Asian News Service | Friday December 7, 2012
More than 16 bogies were gutted when a major fire broke out on Friday on a goods train carrying petrol and headed for Gonda from Lucknow, officials said.
India | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi | Friday December 7, 2012
A massive fire has broken out on a train carrying fuel wagons near Jarwal station in Uttar Pradesh's Bahraich district. No injuries or casualties have been reported so far.
Raj Kumar Sahu | Friday November 2, 2012
Miner NMDC, with a 26 per cent stake, will lead the consortium, while the remaining 74 per cent will be owned by the other two companies.
India | Indo-Asian News Service | Sunday October 14, 2012
A day after a minister was forced to resign on allegations of intimidating and kidnapping the chief medical officer (CMO) in Uttar Pradesh's Gonda, the state government on Saturday shifted out the district magistrate, district police chief, chief dev...
India | Edited by Abhinav Bhatt | Friday October 12, 2012
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Uttar Pradesh's Gonda district, who was allegedly abducted by a minister on Tuesday and went missing after that, has re-joined office. He returned to work in the presence of the local Superintendent of Police and ot...
Cities | Press Trust of India | Thursday October 11, 2012
The Uttar Pradesh government has ordered a high-level inquiry into the alleged abduction of the Chief Medical Officer of Gonda, S P Singh, by Minister of State for Revenue and Rehabilitation.
India | Reported by Anant Zanane; Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Wednesday October 10, 2012
The Chief Medical officer of Uttar Pradesh's Gonda District, S P Singh, has alleged that he was abducted by the state's minister of Revenue and Rehabilitation from his residence.
India | Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Friday July 20, 2012
It is the responsibility of the state to perform the last rites of unclaimed bodies but in the Gonda and Basti districts of Uttar Pradesh, bodies are dragged, kicked around and dumped in the open and in some cases, eaten away by the dogs.
Cities | NDTV Correspondent | Sunday March 11, 2012
A 22-year-old woman in Gonda, Uttar Pradesh, was burned after she resisted a rape attempt on Saturday.
Assembly | Press Trust of India | Saturday January 28, 2012
Congress president Sonia Gandhi would kick off her election campaign for Uttar Pradesh Assembly with meetings in Gonda and Deoria on February 1.