Hyderabad News | Press Trust of India | Saturday August 15, 2015
A Pakistani national, who allegedly has links with banned terror outfits HuJI and Indian Mujahideen (IM) was arrested from Chanchalguda area in Hyderabad, police said on Friday. The man had reportedly also indulged in trafficking people of Bangladesh and Myanmar.
South | Written by Uma Sudhir | Wednesday September 17, 2014
The National Investigation Agency has filed a second chargesheet in the Dilsukhnagar bomb blasts that took place on 21st February, 2013, in which 18 people, including an unborn child, were killed and 131 people injured.
India News | Written by Tanima Biswas | Monday March 24, 2014
Zia ur Rehman alias Waqas, the 24-year-old alleged Pakistani terrorist, has confessed to undergoing intense training in Pakistan before he came to India to join Indian Mujahideen, sources in the Delhi Police have said.
India News | Reported by Sudhi Ranjan Sen, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh | Tuesday December 3, 2013
Investigations into a terror attack at Hyderabad's Dilsukhnagar in February, which left 19 dead and 126 injured, were a test case of what-not-to-do, thanks to competition between investigating agencies and a complete absence of Standard Operating Procedure, the home ministry has admitted for the first time.
India News | Press Trust of India | Saturday September 21, 2013
Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal was today arrested by NIA Hyderabad in connection with the February 2013 Dilsukhnagar blast case after a Delhi court allowed its plea and granted the probe agency his two-day remand.
South | Press Trust of India | Tuesday July 2, 2013
Andhra Pradesh Police today claimed a "breakthrough" in the February 21 Dilsukhnagar twin bomb blasts case in Hyderabad and said they were close to nabbing the accused with the help of the National Investigation Agency or NIA.
South | Press Trust of India | Friday March 29, 2013
A team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) and forensic experts on Friday visited the sites of February 21 twin blasts at Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad, as a part of the ongoing probe.
South | Press Trust of India | Monday March 18, 2013
Andhra Pradesh government handed over a cheque of Rs 6 lakh as compensation amount to the family of a Dilsukhnagar twin blasts victim in Karimnagar today.
South | Press Trust of India | Thursday March 14, 2013
The Hyderabad branch of National Investigation Agency (NIA) today lodged two first information reports (FIRs) in connection with the February 21 twin blasts.
India News | Press Trust of India | Monday March 11, 2013
The Andhra Pradesh police has released sketches of a bicycle used in the twin bomb blasts in Dilsukhnagar in Hyderabad last month which killed 17 and injured more than 100 people.
South | Press Trust of India | Saturday March 9, 2013
Andhra Pradesh Police has said the face of one of the suspects of February 21 Dilsukhnagar twin blasts case in Hyderabad was clearly captured by CCTV cameras and efforts were on to identity the person.
India News | Radhika Iyer | Monday February 25, 2013
21 February, 2013: Text message from a friend in Hyderabad on my cell phone at 7.15 pm: "Blast near Konark theatre." At 7.17 pm, another message, from the same friend: "Dilsukhnagar area, not cylinder blast, this is something else". And then minutes later, news of the second blast.
South | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi (With inputs from agencies) | Sunday February 24, 2013
The probe into Thursday's twin blasts in Hyderabad, which killed 16 people and injured over 100, gathered momentum with the police scanning the images recorded on a Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) camera mounted on a traffic signal near a blast site in Dilsukhnagar.
South | Press Trust of India | Sunday February 24, 2013
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh reached Hyderabad today, where twin bomb blasts on Thursday evening left 16 people dead and more than a hundred injured.
South | Indo-Asian News Service | Saturday February 23, 2013
Hyderabad police on Saturday announced Rs.10 lakh reward for anybody providing information about the people involved in Thursday's twin blasts, in which ammonium nitrate and timer devices had been used.
South | Reported by Radhika Iyer; Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Sunday February 24, 2013
Along with the 16 people who were killed, nearly 120 more were injured in Thursday's twin blasts at Dilsukhnagar, a suburb in Hyderabad. Among them was 30-year-old Yashoda, who was six-months pregnant with her second child. She was on her way back home from work when she was thrown away by the impact of the blast and landed on her stomach. She not ...
South | NDTV.com | Saturday February 23, 2013
Hyderabad police chief Anurag Sharma today addressed the media about the investigation into the Dilsukhnagar blasts. Here are the highlights from his address.
South | Radhika Iyer | Saturday February 23, 2013
Hyderabad bomb blasts: A 23-year-old man injured in the Hyderabad bomb blasts - who also survived the Mecca Masjid blast in 2007 - has been spoken to by investigators probing the terror attack. Abdul Wasey Mirza, who suffered shrapnel wounds and injuries to his legs and ribs in Thursday evening's twin blasts at Dilsukhnagar, told NDTV: "The police...
South | Press Trust of India | Saturday February 23, 2013
The busy Dilsukhnagar area of the city, which witnessed twin bomb blasts on Thursday, is limping back to normalcy with shopkeepers and roadside vendors resuming their business.
Cheat Sheet | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi (With inputs from agencies) | Saturday February 23, 2013
As the Hyderabad Police continues investigations in the serial blasts case, six people have been detained for questioning. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) is conducting raids at various places in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and Maharashtra, looking for alleged terror modules. While the Hyderabad Police has been cautious in not naming any particula...
South | Indo-Asian News Service | Saturday February 23, 2013
The probe into Thursday's twin blasts, which killed 16 people and injured over 100, gathered momentum with the police scanning the image of a suspect captured on CCTV camera.
South | NDTV.com | Friday February 22, 2013
Soon after his visit to the blast site in Hyderabad, Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde updated Parliament on the terror strike with a brief statement that shared the death count and progress in investigations in Thursday's terror attack which killed 16 people and injured more than 100. Here is the full text of the statement made by Home Minister S...
Hyderabad News | Radhika Iyer | Saturday February 23, 2013
The bombs used in the powerful blasts that ripped through Hyderabad's Dilsukhnagar last evening were improvised explosives devices or IEDs built for maximum damage, forensic experts have said.
South | Edited by Sabyasachi Dasgupta (With Inputs from Agencies) | Friday February 22, 2013
Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde refuted accusations that the government ignored intelligence agency warnings ahead of last evening's terror attack in Hyderabad in which 16 people were killed and more than 100 injured.