Indo-Asian News Service | Saturday November 2, 2013
Amitabh Bachchan will be seen in a film produced by actor Sanjay Dutt's production house as a goodwill gesture. The megastar was shooting for the short sequence and even posted the pictures on his blog.
India | Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Tuesday July 23, 2013
Actor Sanjay Dutt has exhausted his last legal option in the 1993 Bombay blasts case after the Supreme Court today dismissed his curative petition that had sought a review of the court's verdict. The Supreme Court had sentenced him to five years in j...
India | Indo-Asian News Service | Monday May 20, 2013
Zaibunissa Kazi, a convict in the March 1993 serial blasts case, surrendered in Mumbai court on Monday afternoon, three days after a judge issued a non-bailable arrest warrant against her.
Edited by Amit Chaturvedi (With PTI inputs) | Thursday May 16, 2013
Sanjay Dutt, convicted in the 1993 bomb blasts case, has withdrawn his plea to surrender at the Yerwada Jail in Pune.
India | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi (With PTI inputs) | Wednesday May 15, 2013
Actor Sanjay Dutt, convicted in the 1993 bomb blasts case, has withdrawn his plea to surrender at the Yerwada Jail in Pune. Mr Dutt will now be surrendering before the special TADA court in Mumbai tomorrow.
India | Press Trust of India | Wednesday May 15, 2013
Actor Sanjay Dutt, convicted in the 1993 bomb blasts case, told a TADA court on Tuesday that he was facing threat to his life from fundamentalist groups and should be allowed to surrender before Yerwada Jail in Pune instead of the special court in Mu...
Edited by Amit Chaturvedi (With PTI inputs) | Friday May 10, 2013
The Supreme Court has dismissed actor Sanjay Dutt's petition that his conviction in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts case be reconsidered. He has to surrender by May 15.
Cities | Press Trust of India | Sunday May 5, 2013
An 85-year-old man awarded life sentence in the 1993 serial bomb blasts in Mumbai died at his home on Sunday.
Cities | Reported by Tejas Mehta; Edited by Ashish Mukherjee | Monday April 22, 2013
Hours after a Mumbai court has issued a non-bailable warrant for actor Sanjay Dutt, he showed up in court and was granted bail in a case filed against him by movie producer Shakeel Noorani.
Cities | Edited by Ashish Mukherjee | Monday April 22, 2013
A Mumbai court has issued a non-bailable warrant for actor Sanjay Dutt in connection with a complaint filed against him by movie producer Shakeel Noorani.
India | Reported by A Vaidyanathan; Edited by Shamik Ghosh | Wednesday April 17, 2013
Sanjay Dutt gets four more weeks to surrender from Supreme Court: The Supreme Court has given actor Sanjay Dutt a period of four weeks to complete his movies before returning to jail. The judges said their decision was on "humanitarian grounds".
Written by Purnima Ranawat | Thursday April 11, 2013
Sanjay Dutt, who has been sentenced to five years in jail by the Supreme Court for his role in the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts, offered prayers at a Dargah in Madhya Pradesh.
Cities | Written by Saurabh Gupta | Friday March 22, 2013
March 12, 1993 changed India and Mumbai (then Bombay) forever. 12 bomb blasts across the financial capital left 257 dead and over 700 injured. But its long term impact was the communal fault lines it created in cosmopolitan Mumbai. Since then Mumbai ...
World | Press Trust of India | Thursday March 21, 2013
Pakistan today rejected involvement of the government or any of its official agencies in incidents like the 1993 Mumbai bomb attacks, saying it was committed to engaging India in a "sustained and result-oriented dialogue".
Written by Gitanjali Roy | Thursday March 21, 2013
The actor, who was charged with illegal possession of arms and was sentenced to six years in jail in 2007, has now been handed a reduced term of five years. He has already served 18 months of his sentence.
Indo-Asian News Service | Wednesday August 15, 2012
Sanjay Dutt Tuesday told the Supreme Court that his offence of possessing a rifle and ammunition was not linked to the 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts.