Erode: Eighty-two DMK members were admitted to the Erode Government Hospital with symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed 'chicken briyani' at a party meeting here, police said today.
The meeting was organised by DMK district secretary and former minister NKKP Raja yesterday in connection with organisational polls in the district.
The chicken delicacy was served after the meeting was over and some of those who consumed it later started vomiting and fainted, sources said.
Hospital sources said food poisoning was the main cause of the incident, adding, while four women were discharged early today, the rest were discharged last night.
Story First Published: May 20, 2013 11:34 IST