Jaipur: Six boys on Tuesday were electrocuted and 22 others received burn injuries when a bus in which they were travelling came in contact with a live wire in Churu district.
"The victims, members of a marriage party, were on their way to a village in Sardarshahar town for a marriage when the incident occurred near Lodsar village," SP Churu Omprakash said.
They were rushed to a nearby hospital where Shankar (10), Bhanwar (20), Narendra (19), Meghram (19), Hariram (20) and Jetharam (30) were declared dead, another police officer said.
The 22 injured people are being treated at different hospitals in Churu and Bikaner, he added.
Story First Published: April 02, 2013 13:34 IST