Here are the highlights from his speech:
- During my discussion with PM Modi, we reviewed the progress of our economic relationship and how to take it ahead.
- US investment in India have risen from $2.4 billion to 28 billion
- We're beginning to breakthrough on kinds of things that are needed for economic investment.
- The PM (Narendra Modi) has a very ambitious plan that every home in India has 24-hr electricity and we hope we can do a great deal to help with that.
- Working together on maritime security and remain committed to deepening regional dialogue on key political and strategic issues.'
- President Obama will be the 1st US president to visit India twice in his tenure.
- Convinced India and US will create a healthier, more secure and prosperous future.
- US has been deeply engaged with France from the moment this horrific event took place.
- We have offered our intel, law enforcement, our support. The President and we are coordinating with France and continue to make available all possible assistance .
Sri Lanka's elections
- Spoke to the new Sri Lankan president and expressed our belief that the transfer of power took place in a way that we expected it.
- Good that people of Sri Lanka had an election that has resulted in a peaceful change of power.
- Problems with respect to human rights, inclusivity and governance need to be addressed.