Here are the highlights of what Mr Tharoor said at the media conference:
- I am not here for public debate.
- Nobody in my family had any reason to believe foul play was involved.
- Everyone loved her (Sunanda Pushkar) deeply.
- I have pledged full cooperation to the police, along with my staff.
- My silence is not sinister. I have been silent all year. There is a police inquiry going on. I don't want to undermine or compromise the inquiry in any way.
- Wrote to (Delhi) Police Commissioner yesterday, raising concerns about the investigation.
Inquiry should be done without any pre-determined outcome or political pressure.
- Have lost my wife, and have not been able to mourn in peace for a year.
- As scheduled, am leaving this ayurvedic hospital in Kerala, where I have spent 14 days.