New Delhi: Activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal along with lawyer-activist Prashant Bhushan targeted Robert Vadra in a press conference today.
Here are the highlights of the press conference:
- Why did DLF give Rs 65 crore loan to Robert Vadra without any interest?
- He bought DLF properties with that money...at discounted rates.
- What benefit did Vadra provide to Congress for this?
- He bought Rs 65 crore property for Rs 5 crore. So how did DLF benefit? There are many questions.
- There are four penthouses in one DLF property in Gurgaon.
- He brought these through a maze of five companies.
- We have details of 12 companies registered in the past few years - six registered in 2012 alone.
- A penthouse sold in 2009 for Rs 89 lakh - whose market value was Rs 25 crore then, and is now at least Rs 40 crore.
- There has been no business in all the companies in the past three years.
- So DLF wanted to give Rs 300 crore, companies were formed on paper for that.
- Obviously DLF got some benefits - some clearances they got sooner than others would.
- All these transactions are in Congress-ruled states - Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi.
- Who will investigate them - CBI, Income Tax are too small as departments to take these people on.
- Will we go to the court for everything?
- We have a legal remedy - but will the courts run this country?
- What will the CBI, Income Tax departments do then?
- He invested Rs 50 lakh, got property worth Rs 300 crore and their market value is Rs 500 crore now.
- DLF gives them unsecured loans - from that money they buy a 50 per cent share in a DLF hotel, and use that money to buy various DLF properties.
- So DLF is giving them money to transfer properties worth crores at throwaway prices - that too the money was given as an unsecured loan by DLF.
- Why should DLF do this? We know DLF has got land in Haryana where there is Congress Government, also in Delhi.
- Prima facie these are charges under Prevention of Corruption Act and Income Tax Act.
- Which agency independent of the government can do an honest investigation?
- Is DLF giving them properties so that they get benefits through the Haryana and Delhi government?
- Who is going to investigate this? Is there black money involved?
- Our investigation is just based on documents from registrar of companies.
- We must compel the government to conduct an investigation into the matter.
- This is a big scam by Robert Vadra and his mother.
- You cannot shift the attention of this country from corruption.
- No department has the courage to investigate such a powerful and influential person impartially.
- There is no need for an inquiry, this is a fit case for taking action.
- But the question is who will take action?