Rahul Gandhi at the rally venue in Delhi
Rahul Gandhi addresses rally in Delhi. Here are the highlights:
- Sheilaji has changed Delhi. I want to give you a few examples. Take transport. You take the Metro? (asks)
- In Jakarta, Indonesia, people are giving examples of this metro.
- It used to be a small airport. The youth have gained in Delhi.
- And the most impt thing: we move forward with migrants in Delhi. We helped the poor in 1,500 unauthorised colonies.
- Who is a Congressi? Whenever we meet a victim of any kind, a Congressman says I will fight for him or her? When a Congressman fights, he doesn't fight with anger, he fights with love and heart.
- When you see a weak and a poor, you feel like helping them. You talk of rights. We have given the right to food, work and education.
- Every Indian should have the right to ask any question to the government. We brought RTI. That empowered people. The decisions in closed rooms reached the people.
- There used to be ration cards earlier. The needy never got it. We said food should reach everyone.
- The opposition said where's the money for the food? We said we will find money and we showed it.
- We want to empower the poor. NDA government was there, and they talk of infrastructure. I took out the statistics. We made three times more roads than the NDA.
- We want to open the system. Opposition says no, let it remain closed.
- Go to any hospital and the govt guarantees free treatment. Why? Because if you look at the reasons behind poverty, the biggest reason is health. A worker spends all his savings on health. We asked you what you want, and accordingly made our policies.
- No one can ever say that 'there's been no development in Delhi', not even the Opposition.
- I have full confidence that Congress party will win over again. Jao aur Congress party ki ladayee lado.
- Make the Congress victorious in Delhi. Jai Hind.