Amit Shah addresses the press:
- I welcome Kiran Bedi on behalf of the party.
- This will strengthen the Delhi BJP unit and will help fulfill the hopes of the people in the coming elections.
- Kiran Bedi will certainly contest the elections, the parliamentary board will decide who will be the Chief Minister.
Arun Jaitley addresses the press:
- People are familiar with her name not just in Delhi but across India.
- She has an image of credibility and she has been seen as a crusader, both while she was serving and after retirement.
- The BJP has a tradition of inducting experienced and honest people into the party.
Kiran Bedi addresses the press:
- I am very thankful to PM Modi.
- I am here due to PM Modi's inspirational leadership and outstanding revival of hope since May.
- Never worked for position or money. I have always looked at what I can contribute towards the country.
- When I was overlooked for the police commissioner, I left because the work that I was given wasn't challenging enough.
- The last 40 years of my life have been dedicated to serving the public and the country.
- This was an evolution - this is a moment that I haven't scripted. I thank God for this.
- I have 40 years of administrative experience.
- I have learnt from every constable of Delhi police.
- I have now come to gift my 40 years of experience to Delhi, to my country.
- I am in mission mode and am happy that the BJP has given me an opportunity.