- Stopped from meeting Narendra Modi, Arvind Kejriwal says I am not a terrorist
- Live Blog: Battleground 2014
- Protest outside BJP headquarters not 'planned event': AAP replies to Election Commission
- Jayalalithaa dials Mamata Banerjee after hanging up on Left
- Done deal. BJP scores alliance with Vijayakanth in Tamil Nadu
- Lalu's daughter Misa on tough peace-keeping mission
- NaMo merchandise a hit in Hyderabad, AAP in Delhi
- Voters hurry! Deadline to register online ends on Sunday
- The whole country knows BJP's character: UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on NDTV
Create a Microsoft, Google in India, Narendra Modi tells college students in Chennai
NDTV.com | Updated: February 09, 2014 16:16 IST
- Satya Nadella's appointment is good news for India: Narendra Modi at Chennai university event
- I urge you to create a Microsoft in India: Modi
- India is a land of ancient universities that produced scholars like Aryabhatt.
- Always remember the motherland and the contribution it has made in your nurturing.
- Do whatever you can towards the development of this country.
- Even after 65 years of independence, we have not been able to focus on education.
- Knowledge is going to be the biggest wealth and tool to fight poverty.
- It is sad that none of our universities have global ranking.
- Institution building has to begin with the government.
- It is our commitment to establish an IIT, IIM, AIIMS in every state of our country.
- India is a young nation with 65 per cent of its population below 35 years of age.
- Skill development need of the hour.
- We have graduates with no skills.
- We take 10 years to do things that can be done in 10 days.
- Skill, speed and scale are the three recipes for India's success.
- Sardar Patel worked towards the unity of the country, so we decided to make his statue.
- Why make a small Sardar Patel statue? So we thought we will make it the world's tallest.
- Duniya jhukti hai, jhukane wala chahiye (The world bows, we need the one who can make that happen).
- Our demographic dividend is our biggest strength.
- We need to secure our sovereignty and integrity with more modern equipment.
- From my own experience, I can say that it's all possible, nothing is impossible.
- We have rivers to be cleaned and interlinked.
- India is passing through a crisis of trust.
- Philanthropists not trusted to create an institution of their dreams.
- I particularly encourage young men and women to participate in national affairs.
- Youngsters want to live in an equitable and developed India.
- Also See
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
Charged with three counts of murder, Amit Shah is a close aide of Narendra Modi, the BJP's candidate for prime minister.