- Prospect of being PM does not let him sleep, says Narendra Modi about Nitish Kumar
- Live Blog: Battleground 2014
- Kiran Kumar Reddy reveals name of his new party
- Won't field candidates against the Gandhis, says Akhilesh Yadav
- In Bangalore, where Anna rallies were hits, AAP hopes for support
- Amar Singh, Jaya Prada join Ajit Singh's Rashtriya Lok Dal
- DMK chief's son, Alagiri, refused a ticket by his father
- Alagiri to sit out national election but may launch party after
Man dies during Karnataka chief minister Siddaramaiah's swearing-in ceremony
Press Trust of India | Updated: May 13, 2013 15:39 IST
The man was identified as Manjappa, who collapsed near gate number seven while coming out after the function attended by nearly 50,000 Congress supporters from across the state.
According to police, he was given water to drink, after which he complained of chest pain and was immediately rushed to a private hospital just opposite the stadium. He was declared brought dead.
"It could have been a massive heart attack but the actual cause of death will be ascertained only after the post-mortem is conducted", police said.
- Also See
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
The former actor, with roles in nearly 150 films, has inked a partnership of his Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) with the BJP.