- Auto, local train ride on Arvind Kejriwal's Mumbai itinerary
- Live Blog: Battleground 2014
- Mamata Banerjee to reveal 'national agenda' at Delhi rally with Anna Hazare today
- BJP works to pacify Shiv Sena, Narendra Modi dials Uddhav Thackeray
- BJP and Chandrababu Naidu ponder the pros of a partnership
- Nitish Kumar loses two confidantes, one of them a minister, to the BJP
- The Infy Touch: now political rivals, but with a lot of courtesy
- In Narendra Modi's Gujarat, Rahul Gandhi's lessons on leadership and love
Jayalalithaa congratulates Narendra Modi on victory
Press Trust of India | Updated: December 20, 2012 13:03 IST
Ms Jayalalithaa rang up Mr Modi and expressed "her hearty greetings", a state government press release in Chennai said.
Mr Modi, who maintains a good rapport with Ms Jayalalithaa, attended her swearing-in ceremony after AIADMK swept back to power after the April 2011 Assembly elections.
She also deputed two of her party MPs Dr V Maithreyan and M Thambidurai as emissaries to attend Mr Modi's Sadbhavana Mission last year.
- Also See
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
The former actor, with roles in nearly 150 films, has inked a partnership of his Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) with the BJP.