- Nandan Nilekani Version 3.0: now, a politician
- Live Blog: Battleground 2014
- Murli Manohar Joshi denies rift over Narendra Modi and his seat in UP
- BJP moves poll panel over Rahul Gandhi's remark that RSS killed Gandhi, wants Congress derecognised
- Will contest elections but support Narendra Modi: Raj Thackeray
- He got a Congress ticket yesterday, joined BJP today
- Bangalore: Arvind Kejriwal to hold fund raising dinner
- Arvind Kejriwal's remarks against Narendra Modi: BJP complains to Election Commission
Gujarat elections: Exit polls predict a hat-trick for Narendra Modi
NDTV.com | Updated: December 18, 2012 00:32 IST
For instance, out of the 182 assembly seats in Gujarat, one exit poll has predicted 119 to 129 seats for BJP while Congress, it claims, is projected to win between 49 and 59 seats.
Meanwhile, another exit poll says that BJP is likely to get 140 as against the 117 seats it had won in the 2007 Assembly polls as the party is expected to get 46 per cent of the total vote share. The poll projected Congress to get 40 seats, 19 short of the 59 it won in 2007.
- Also See
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
The former actor, with roles in nearly 150 films, has inked a partnership of his Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) with the BJP.