- Reports of UP seat for Modi, alliances divide BJP
- Live Blog: Battleground 2014
- Congress' first list for Lok Sabha polls
- BJP releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls, BS Yeddyurappa fielded from Shimoga
- Rise from home-makers to nation-makers, Narendra Modi urges women on International Women's Day
- Unlike Narendra Modi, I have not trumpeted my beginnings: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- RJD's Ram Kripal Yadav quits all party posts after Lalu Prasad's daughter gets constituency
- Blog: When a young Narendra Modi supporter made Arvind Kejriwal break into a smile
Big win for Narendra Modi, defeats Shweta Bhatt by huge margin
Press Trust of India | Updated: December 20, 2012 13:31 IST
Mr Modi got 1,20,470 votes, while Mrs Bhatt got 34,097 votes.
He had last time won the elections by over 87,000 votes.
- Also See
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
The former actor, with roles in nearly 150 films, has inked a partnership of his Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) with the BJP.