Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath.
Election Commission Announces Dates for Delhi Polls. Here are the highlights:
- Date of Issue of Notification: January 14.
- Last Date of Making Nomination: January 21.
- Date of Scrutiny: January 22.
- Last Date of Withdrawal: January 24.
- Date of Poll: February 7.
- Date of Counting: February 10.
- Date by which electoral process should be completed: February 12.
- Model Code of Conduct comes into effect in Delhi immediately.
- Model Code will be implemented "ruthlessly" in Delhi polls, says Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath.
- Zero tolerance on prohibited speeches, says Chief Election Commissioner.
- Election Commission to give photo voter slips at the doorstep of voters.
- Commission will take steps to curb money power in campaign. All kind of inducements will be checked. We expect all officials engaged in polls to maintain impartiality. Conduct of officers will be under scanner: Chief Election Commissioner.
- New Delhi and Delhi Cantonment Assembly seats will have paper trail.
- Delhi has 1.30 crore voters and around 11,000 polling stations.
- Polling stations to be kept on ground level wherever practicable.
- Ramps to be provided for differently-abled.
- Schedule for bye-elections of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies also announced.
- Bye-elections to be held on February 13.
- Counting for bye-elections: February 16.
- Among constituencies set for bye-election is former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's Assembly constituency of Srirangam, which she had forfeited on her conviction in a disproportionate assets case by a special court in Bengaluru.