New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar plays his 200th and final Test match, against the West Indies at the Wankhede Stadium Mumbai and here is a list of quotes by the Master Blaster that will ring in the ears of his followers for years to come.
Here's our pick of Sachin Tendulkar's 10 best quotes:
- "I hate losing and cricket being my first love, once I enter the ground it's a different zone altogether and that hunger for winning is always there."
- "Beating Pakistan is always special because they are a tough team and we have a bit of a history regarding Pakistan."
- "I never played with a runner in my entire life, even in schools, because only I know where the ball is going and how hard, when I hit the ball, something my runner will never know about."
- "I don't know how they can figure out what's going on in my mind when sometimes I myself can't figure that out," Sachin said about journalists in October 2008.
- "It hasn't yet sunk in yet but I've definitely lost around 50 kilos," Sachin said after reaching his 100th international ton in March 2012.
- "Sometimes I need to look at the scoreboard to figure out whether I'm batting hundred-plus or whether I am on zero," Sachin said in 2008 as he struggled to distinguish between his standing ovations for entering the pitch and then for getting his half-century and century.
- "I really like Iceland. One of the nicest things about it is that I hardly ever had to reach for my credit card. There's practically nothing there to go shopping for," Sachin said in October 2013 as his idea of a holiday does not include souvenir-hunting.
- "Any active sportsman has to be very focused; you've got to be in the right frame of mind. If your energy is diverted in various directions, you do not achieve the results. I need to know when to switch on and switch off: and the rest of the things happen around that. Cricket is in the foreground, the rest is in the background."
- "Success is a process... during that journey sometimes there are stones thrown at you, and you convert them into milestones," said Sachin after surpassing Brian Lara's run tally in Tests.
- "I get 0.5 seconds to react to a ball, sometimes even less than that. I can't be thinking of what XYZ has said about me. I need to surrender myself to my natural instincts. My subconscious mind knows exactly what to do. It is trained to react. At home, my family doesn't discuss media coverage."