Mandvi: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi is in Gujarat today campaigning and addressing rallies in two constituencies.
Highlights of her speech:
- Who can forget how Rajivji ( Rajiv Gandhi) worked towards development in this state.
- Congress built the six-laned National Highway - so in the eastern region there will be more development.
- Adivasi areas like Chhota Udaipur have been converted from metre gauge to broad gauge.
- The BJP government has unfortunately killed the cooperative movement in Adivasi areas.
- The UPA government has waived crores worth of farmer loans, but farmers here are struggling due to the anti-farmer policies of the state government.
- BJP is making hollow promises.
- Law and order is in an appalling state. Why is that?
- The UPA government has given thousands of crores to the Gujarat government but I do not know where that money has gone.
- Gujarat now needs new direction and that can be provided by the Congress