Election Commissioner VS Sampath is today announced the dates for Assembly elections in Karnataka. Dates for the Assembly polls:
- Voting- May 5
- Counting - May 8
- Issue of Notification- April 10.
- Last date of nominations- April 17.
- Scrutiny of nominations - April 18.
- Last date of withdrawal -April 20
Highlights from the press conference:
- Election Commission (EC) will continuously monitor ground situation and take adequate measures to ensure free and fair polls.
- From the last set of state elections, the format of filing of affidavits for criminal record, education background, etc has been combined in revised form 26
- EC has directed media certification committees to dispose off 'paid news' cases in a time-bound manner.
- No election related officials or police officers will be in his or home district.
- Those who have completed three years in a district will be transferred out.
- All significant election related activity will be video-graphed.
- Effort will be made to distribute voter slips at the doorstep of every voter 3-4 days in advance.
- Complaint redressal number - 1950.
- Effort will be made to dispose off complaints in a time bound manner and inform complainants.