Puducherry: Two children from neighbouring Tamil Nadu, admitted to JIPMER hospital on different dates last
month for treatment of 'accidental poisoning' have died.
A five-year-old girl from Samathuvapuram in Villupuram district was admitted to the hospital after she accidentally
used a poison to kill rats to brush her teeth mistaking it to be tooth paste.
The child suffered damage to the liver and died of liver failure a few days later, a release from JIPMER said.
There was no antidote to this poison, it said.
In a similar incident, a three-year-old boy, also from Villupuram district, died of the same pesticide after he used
it to brush his teeth.
Story first published:
March 03, 2012 16:57 IST