president Sonia Gandhi addresses a rally today at the foundation-laying ceremony of a
centre of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) at Kisanganj, 400 km from
Here are the highlights:
- We are going through a critical periods and some hard questions need to be answered.
- It is a battle of ideologies - Congress believes in secularism.
- When a state develops, the country also develops - and we all must be happy.
- Congress has always worked for the development of all sections of society without making any distinction.
- Your struggles are the Congress party's struggles and your fight is the Congress party's fight.
- There are those who want to divide the country on the basis of religion. They want the PM's office at any cost.
- Congress believes in secularism and inclusive development.