PA Sangma, who is running for President of India against Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, spoke to NDTV. Highlights: (Read: Full transcript)
- I am not a candidate of any single political party
- I have spoken to Mamata, but have not met her yet.
- Mamata had said she would back me if Dr Kalam opted out of the race
- For Pranab-da, I admire his intelligence...his talent...but democracy means contest, discussion, debate
- Am not going by the number, this is not just a symbolic debate
- Agatha (Daughter) is a minister in the UPA...she is a mature person, she is a minister, she will decide how to vote. It is her decision.
- Don't mind that BJP took a while to decide whether to back me