The murder of Bollywood actress Laila Khan came as a shocker. Today, Himanshu Roy, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime), Mumbai, addressed a press conference where he gave details about the case.
Here are the highlights of the presser:
- Six bodies were inside a pit that also had blood soaked pillows and mattresses.
- During interrogation, Pervez Tak confessed to murdering Laila Khan and her entire family.
- Recoveries based on Tak's confession.
- Police will confirm identities of bodies after forensic report.
- Three skulls bear fracture injuries.
- Family members buried in one grave with jewellery.
- Police will proceed with DNA tests, further investigations.
- Pervez Tak did not like Celina trusted her second husband Asif. He had access to family properties. Killed family in a fit of rage. Possible he is developing a defence to say this wasn't pre-meditated.
- Pervez Tak was helped by his friend Shakir Hussain.
- No information on what is missing from there yet because the entire family has been killed.
- Police are reconstructing entire sequence of events with the help of relatives and neighbours.
- Tak first went to Jammu, then Kishtwar, travelled a lot.
- Because there were a lot of blood stains there, they set the farmhouse on fire. This amounts to destruction of evidence.
- Besides Section 302 of murder police will file charges under section 201 for destroying evidence.
- Laila Khan's family wanted to migrate to Dubai. Pervez Tak didn't have a passport and so he resented the move. He felt trapped.