In an exclusive interview to NDTV, BJP President Nitin Gadkari says that he is not upset with senior party leader LK Advani, who has appeared critical of him in his blogs. "I will not get into an argument with Advani over criticism of my decisions," he said.
Highlights of his interview:
- If Anna Hazare doesn't want our support, we will not go uninvited.
- If Team Anna wanted to distance itself from the BJP, that is its own choice.
- My personal view is that Anna is not a politician; he is a social worker.
- I will not get into an argument with LK Advani over his criticism of my decisions.
- Decision to induct former BSP Minister Babu Khushwaha is now a closed chapter.
- I don't see Jharkhand as a mistake because I never committed to supporting Anshuman Mishra.
- On Advani's role in 2014, you must ask him what he thinks; he is our mentor.
- If the Congress had reached out to us earlier, we could have supported Pranab Mukherjee.
- APJ Abdul Kalam indicated willingness to contest even after we gave him a breakdown of the numbers.
- We had extensive conversations with Kalam through interlocutors and thought he would contest.
- BS Yeddyurapa's statements do not help the image of the party.
- Would like to tell all Karnataka legilslators if indiscipline continues, tickets will not be given to those candidates in the elections.
- I compromised on Sanjay Joshi, because Narendra Modi is a big leader.
- Sanjay Joshi will not be managing my election campaign from Nagpur.
- I didn't want to stand on prestige with Narendra Modi.
- Today my working relationship with Narendra Modi is very good.
- I told Nitish Kumar that there is no decision on Modi or anyone being PM candidate yet.
- I am confident Nitish Kumar will stay with the NDA.