Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has appealed to all who are returning to the state from southern states to go back to their respective homes. Speaking exclusively to NDTV's Nitin Gokhale, Mr Gogoi said Karnataka has assured full protection for people from the North-East. Here are the highlights of what he said:
- Whoever is coming here we are asking them to return. The Karnataka government has assured full protection.
- We will arrange for trains from here to southern states when they want.
- In touch with Chief Ministers, Home minister; they've taken precautionary steps.
- Rumours have created a lot of panic. We are with the Centre, investigating source of rumours.
- There has been a lot of improvement in Kokrajhar. It takes time to remove fear psychosis. More than 2 lakh people have returned so far.