Highlights: People of India are being misguided by Narendra Modi, says Justice Markandey Katju
All India | NDTV.com | Updated: February 18, 2013 18:58 IST
- I had to speak out as people of India are being misguided by Modi.
- I have criticized Delhi govt, I have criticized Maharashtra govt in the Aseem Trivedi case.
- Look at the level BJP is stooping to calling me a vagabond.
- I think Mr. Jaitely should resign and take sanyas. He twists facts.
- A sitting Supreme Court judge has power of contempt of court. That function is very different from that of Chairman of Press Council of India.
- When NDA was in power, Mr Jaitley was Law Minister, retired judges were appointed. Why did he not resign then.
- Look at his double standards. In his govt it is okay to appoint retired judges but not in another govt.
- Why make an exception in my case? Why single me out as if I am the devil?
- This post of Chairman of press Council of India has by convention had a retired Supreme Court judge.
- I say things I genuinely believe in, I am not a publicity seeker.
- I find it difficult to believe that Modi did not have a hand in the riots.
- This controversy is started by Arun Jaitley. I had to respond because he attacked me.
- I am not going to take sanyas; let the BJP do what they like.
Story First Published: February 18, 2013 18:45 IST