The BJP is holding nationwide protests from today against Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's "Hindu terror" remarks. BJP president Rajnath Singh and senior leader Sushma Swaraj are leading the protests at Jantar Mantar.
Below are the highlights of the speech: Rajnath Singh, BJP President:
- What came out of the chintan shivir? One was Rahul Gandhi; the other maybe that the in camps conducted by the RSS, BJP workers are learning lessons on terror.
- Today we are protesting on the streets but if the govt doesn't remove Shinde and express regret, we will take the battle to Parliament
Sushma Swaraj, senior leader
- Saffron and terrorism are two words opposed to each other
- His (Sushil Kumar Shinde) statement is an insult to us - when the BJP, RSS wasn't there, saffron was thereIf the Home Minister wants to see the power of the colour saffron, let him go to Allahabad where the MahaKumbh is taking place
- You should have hit out at Pak, but instead you are hitting out at the main opposition
- The day the incident took place - I called up the NSA and told him please ask the Prime Minister to take hard steps, we are with him
- If BJP runs terror camps, I should not be in the Lok Sabha as leader of Opposition