Three children die in Shirdi after their hutment catches fire

Shirdi, Maharashtra:  Three siblings were charred to death when their hutment caught fire at a village at Shirdi on Monday, police said.

The blaze erupted in the hutment of Dadasaheb Tukaram Vidhate at Nandurkhi village near Shirdi town of Maharashtra at around 1.30 AM in which his three children were charred to death, Shirdi police inspector Datta Pawar said.

The deceased were identified as - Akash (14), Manisha (12) and Vikas (10).

Dadasaheb also sustained burns while trying to douse the flames and has been admitted to hospital.

The blaze apparently broke out through an earthen lamp which was kept lit in the hut during the night, police said.

Story First Published: February 18, 2013 23:34 IST

................................ Advertisement ................................

MORE FROM NDTV
FROM THE WEB