A five-year-old boy in Pune was today injured in what's being described so far as a minor explosion in the Pimpri Chinchwad area of the city. A bomb disposal squad rushed to the spot.
The explosion was reportedly caused by a short circuit triggering panic in the city which was rocked by serial blasts on August 1.
The explosion occurred on the staircase of Laxmi Tara residential building in Dange Chowk.
"It was a small explosion. There was a high tension wire going through the area which apparently short-circuited," Joint Commissioner of Police SK Singhal said.
Mr Singhal said that police are investigating the case and the authorities were already on high alert in the city. He, however, ruled out any "terrorist or sabotage angle" and stressed that "there is no need to panic".
The boy, Piyush Walunje, was admitted to a local hospital with minor burn injuries, police said. The doctor who treated Piyush said he has burn injuries due to electric shock.(With PTI inputs)